- This event has passed.
Schedule for Lent
February 26 @ 7:00 am - April 11 @ 11:30 pm
- Ash Wednesday (26th February 2020) marks the beginning of the season of Lent which goes up to the Saturday before Palm Sunday. The season of Lent is a preparation for the celebration of Easter. It invites the faithful to observe fast and abstinence and remain united with the suffering Servant in order to share in the Passion of Jesus Christ.
- On Ash Wednesday the ashes will be blessed during the Mass at 7 a.m. and imposed on the forehead, reminding us that we are dust and unto dust we shall return. Ashes will also be imposed during other Masses (8 a.m. and 6 p.m.).
- The Law of Abstinence obliges all those who have completed 14 years of age. The Law of Fast obliges all those who have completed their 18th year and have not completed their 59th
- Every Friday beginning from 28th February, there will be a Way of the Cross preceded by Mass at 5:30 p.m. in the church. The faithful, after the Mass, will proceed up to the steps next to the Portuguese Consulate, from where the Stations of the Cross will begin.
- During the Sundays of Lent, the evening Mass will be at 5:30 p.m., during which God’s Word will be proclaimed and meditated upon, with a display of the statue, followed by procession.
Way of the Cross on Fridays during Lent
|28th February||Vijaya Gomes & Rosario Fernandes|
|6th March||Alzira Fernandes & Josepha Pinto|
|13th March||Oscar Vaz & Lolita Monserrate|
|20th March||Julie Miranda & Pamela Vaz|
|27th March||Pedrito Fernandes & Akshada Godinho|
|3rd April||Divina Dias & Alwyn Rodrigues|
|10th April (Good Friday)||Sr. Piedade Caiado, hc & Sr. Luiza Botelho, fhic|